After you have freshened up your product (house for sale) and did what you can to make it attractive, you will be ready for viewings by purchasers.
…View the initial preparation schedule here.
But hang on. There are still a few very last minute preparations that will benefit your product presentation.
Here are a few ideas on this: Remember the key: “MAKE IT FRESH”
1. Wash dishes and put everything away in the cabinets.
2. Make all beds.
3. Hang all clothes away and put shoes away (out of sight)
4. Dry out showers, baths, basins, & bathroom floors.
5. Remove normal use towels from bathrooms
6. Stage fresh towels in bathrooms
7. Flush all toilets and close the lids
8. Open all curtains and blinds.
9. Switch on lights throughout the house.
10. Air the house.
11. On a warm day, air-condition the house if possible to be about 3 degrees below ambient.
12. On a cold day, light the fireplaces or heaters to about 3degrees higher than ambient.
13. Don’t have washing hung on the wash lines.
14. Remove all litter from the bins inside the house.
15. Tidy up the pet’s environment. Remove dog poo from the garden.
16. If possible, restrict pets to a specific area outside.
17. A fresh flower bouquet in a strategic setting might make a good impression.
18. A pot of filter coffee in the kitchen might create a nice atmosphere.
19. LOCK AWAY ALL YOUR VALUABLES.
20. Be in the background yourself if you’re present during the viewing.
Have faith. You did what you had to do.
Your product now has that extra advantage.